Tuesday, January 2, 2007

December Reflections

December is a busy month for us at the Cottage, so for me the holiday begins once the rush settles down.

We're not a part of the local mall scene (which is a good thing), so we were not sure what to expect the weekend or day before Christmas. On Friday at 5 PM, we were four people deep. Help! As I walked in Saturday morning, I found two gentlemen standing around with jewelry in their hands and a far away look in their eyes. I can tell you this - the men were shopping with a mission. The craziest day of course was Monday. A customer came in to purchase his pet portrait, picked up a frame with bow, gift tag and quickly paid before running out the door. He even left change on the table. The gift was personalized and beautifully done so I hope the end recipient enjoys it.

For many of us, the restful holiday starts now.

No comments: