Saturday, December 20, 2008

Meet the Designer: Mike Caudill


Just barely out of art school, designer Mike Caudill has already launched his own business -- Audillinc Eco-Friendly Apparel and Custom Silk Screening. Caudill graduated from Ringling College of Art and Design this past may May; we began carrying his hip line of silk-screened T-shirts just a few months later. And they've already proven hugely popular with men and women alike.

"I minored in printmaking," Mike explained. "My second-to-last semester, we got a four-color press that I was charged with putting together. I became obsessed with the machine from that day forth, and haven't stopped creating."

Mike's T-shirts are from Alternative Apparel brand's Eco-Earth collection. He silk screens each with his own original designs. "I love high contrast and simplicity," Mike said. "And since I was a young teen I've been inspired by the work of many graffiti artists, Banksy being my idol in that world." An accomplished photographer -- photography was his major -- Mike also sometimes incorporates his photos into his shirt designs.

Mike says he's always willing to do custom orders -- be they different color designs, different color shirts, larger or smaller sizes, etc. So, stop by Cottage today and check out his T's! No doubt they'd make a perfect gift for someone on your list.

No comments: