
Cottage Industry designer Christy Reynolds became involved in her craft -- making cute and colorful fabric products for babies and children -- almost by accident. Two years ago, she needed a gift for a baby shower.
"I didn't have a lot of money," Christy explained, "but I did have time when my own baby was sleeping, so I decided that a handmade gift would be best."
She ended up sewing cute burp cloths for the expectant mom. "At the shower, people raved about how my gift was better than the store-bought ones," Christy said. "I had several people ask for my business card, and they were surprised that I had never sold them before. After that shower, I had several orders come in, and my business was born!"
Christy's product line, dubbed Silly Miss Lily after her two-year-old daughter, has since expanded to include hairclips, bibs, onesies, booties, and soft toys for little ones. She also makes "sippy straps" -- ingenious and colorful ribbon "leashes" that attach a child's sippy cup to their stroller.
"I try to think of what I would want to make for my own daughter," Christy said. She particularly enjoys seeking out beautiful and unique fabrics, and crafting special orders for customers.
Outside of her design work, Christy is a certified sign language interpreter for the deaf and keeps busy as mom to Lily. Please check out Christy's products the next time you need that perfect baby shower gift!
"I didn't have a lot of money," Christy explained, "but I did have time when my own baby was sleeping, so I decided that a handmade gift would be best."
She ended up sewing cute burp cloths for the expectant mom. "At the shower, people raved about how my gift was better than the store-bought ones," Christy said. "I had several people ask for my business card, and they were surprised that I had never sold them before. After that shower, I had several orders come in, and my business was born!"
Christy's product line, dubbed Silly Miss Lily after her two-year-old daughter, has since expanded to include hairclips, bibs, onesies, booties, and soft toys for little ones. She also makes "sippy straps" -- ingenious and colorful ribbon "leashes" that attach a child's sippy cup to their stroller.
"I try to think of what I would want to make for my own daughter," Christy said. She particularly enjoys seeking out beautiful and unique fabrics, and crafting special orders for customers.
Outside of her design work, Christy is a certified sign language interpreter for the deaf and keeps busy as mom to Lily. Please check out Christy's products the next time you need that perfect baby shower gift!




No comments:
Post a Comment